This atlas describes the ecogeographic distribution of wild potatoes. They occur solely in the Americas, from the southwestern United States to central Argentina and Chile. To help the nonspecialist to understand the past and future changes in their classification, we first discuss the habitats, morphology, and taxonomy of wild potatoes. This is followed by a discussion of problems of data and information quality associated with the locality databases that were used for the maps in this atlas. Distribution maps are provided for all species and series (a taxonomic level that groups related species). Finally, statistics on ecogeographic distribution of wild potatoes, and analytical maps of species richness and series richness are provided.
Atlas of wild potatoes
- 7 MB
- Hijmans, R.J.; Spooner, D.M.; Salas, A.R.; Guarino, L.; de la Cruz, J.
- Systematic and ecogeographic studies on crop genepools, 10
- 130 p.
- Publication Year:
- Publication Format:
- ISBN 10:
- ISBN 13:
- Browse by category
- Annual Report
- Bioversity published journals
- Book chapters
- Conference and workshop papers - presented
- Conference and workshop papers - proceedings
- Corporate materials
- Journal articles
- Occasional / Discussion / Working papers
- PGR Newsletter
- Policy papers
- Posters (scientific/technical)
- Technical guidelines/Technical bulletins
- Training materials