This summarises the Global Strategy for the Conservation and Use of Coconut Genetic Resources, introducing context & status of coconut germplasm conservation and use. Its 7 objectives are: i) strengthen commitment to conserve & use coconut genetic resources (CGR); ii) ensure sustainable ex situ CGR conservation; iii) assess coconut genetic diversity, identify critical gaps in ex situ collections, & implement collecting missions; iv) strengthen in situ conservation & ensure high quality planting material available/used; v) develop resources for safe international germplasm movement; vi) enhance CGR use by better germplasm characterization and evaluation; vii) re-enforce COGENT as a global platform serving Strategy implementation. Use Adobe Reader to view double page layout of brochure.
Global strategy for the conservation and use of coconut genetic resources 2018 -2028: summary brochure
- 3 MB
- Johnson, V.; Bourdeix, R.; Prades, A.; Picq, C.
- 29 p.
- Bioversity International; Cogent
- Publication Year:
- Publication Format:
- Browse by category
- Annual Report
- Bioversity published journals
- Book chapters
- Conference and workshop papers - presented
- Conference and workshop papers - proceedings
- Corporate materials
- Journal articles
- Occasional / Discussion / Working papers
- PGR Newsletter
- Policy papers
- Posters (scientific/technical)
- Technical guidelines/Technical bulletins
- Training materials